Message to people selling short SUPs

You may have a SUP too small to comfortably stand up on to paddle. My bet is that it is fun to surf!

What you need is a paddle that is short enough (or that telescopes) so that in the kneeing position you can hold the top of the paddle when the blade is out of the water on the up-stroke, arms out in front the top one at about a 45 degree angle.

Paddling like this you can get on the wave easily, surf it like a longboard and go out in surf that is way too bumpy to SUP on.

[Copy and paste this into places where short second-hand SUPs are sold.]

Comments

Popular posts

125 litre Pendleboard

This inflatable SUP has a rigid tail. The sailboard rig connection is an option - that I am interested in.

Waist leash and SUP

 I have broken two of those curly waist leash cords. Here is a solution that I am trying. Note the addition of another of those heavy Velcro end bits to keep the curly bit of cord away from the back of the front fins.

Some foil success

Today (May 6, 2018) I caught two waves where I took off kneeling up; got to my feet before the board went up on the foil and rode the wave mostly on the foil. The difference was that I was surfing with a bloke riding a SUP (5'9" 90 something litres). A case of money see monkey do. Anyway, this activity is too fashionable for this blog, so I have posted to: supwindfoil.net Page to view: supwindfoil.blogspot.com/2018/05/monkey-does